September - December 2013
Energa – communication related to IPO and debut on the Warsaw Stock Exchange
In the fourth quarter of 2013 Energa SA carried out one of the largest in recent years - worth PLN 2.4 billion - public offering and was listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Implementation of an extensive communication plan allowed the achievement of viral interest in the offer. The IPO of Energa SA was attended by 72 thousand individual investors, nearly 1/4 of all active investors on the Warsaw Stock Exchange in 2013.
During the IPO of ENERGA, InnerValue and the Company faced difficult challenges of communication. ENERGA made a public offer as the fourth large energy group in the country and the need for strong distinctions against its trading competition was obvious. The offer was carried out under strict control of information flow - all communication activities had to comply with strict guidelines of disclosure during the initial public offering developed by the legal advisors of the process.
Agency InnerValue - as an advisor to the communication process - in collaboration with the department of Investor Relations, undertook the task of developing and implementing a comprehensive action plan to promote the offer of shares.
The primary purpose of the communication in the offer was to ensure the success of the Company's debut on the stock exchange. An important task was to build the widest possible interest among individual investors and the interest in the brand Energa itself. The activities also were to have a positive impact on the perception of the Company by institutional investors.
The communication plan of the IPO of Energa SA developed by InnerValue assumed extensive use of innovative communication tools. Despite the need to reduce communications in the network resulting from restrictive laws on conducting public offerings in some countries, we managed to implement a number of ideas, among others:
* Interactive landing page - a modern scrolling website with the most important information about the Group presented in the graphical form attractive for investors. The site contained the clock ticking until the end of subscriptions and the debut
* Live on-line transmissions from events relating to the IPO, investor chat with the Board of Energa SA
* Microsite of the Company in the most popular among individual investors website
* A number of educational activities - both before and during the offer in major newspapers (Parkiet, Rzeczpospolita, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna), radio (Polish Radio 3) and television (TVN CNBC), websites (eg. StockWatch.pl) we arranged a series of interviews with members of the Management Board
* The wide media campaign during the subscriptions - advertising appeared in the press, investor services and television in order to encourage subscriptions for shares of ENERGA. The campaign was accompanied by interesting watchwords, including Go public with ENERGA or Debut that will energize the stock exchange.
The project was implemented in cooperation with the advertising and events agency. All actions addressed to individual investors were conducted under the auspices of the Civic Shareholding program.
The implementation of a communication plan related to the Initial Public Offering of Energa SA made it possible to achieve viral interest in the offer. It was attended by 72 thousand individual investors, a reduction in this tranche amounted to 55% according to the data published by DGP (22 July 2014). The number of people who concluded transactions on the stock exchange in 2013 amounted to 303 thousand. This means that the offer Energa SA was participated by almost 1/4 active in 2013 retail investors.
Energa SA continued to work with InnerValue until October 2016.